Attic ladders or attic stairs are mobile ladders often made of wood or steel that is installed at the bottom of an attic or ceiling. Attic ladders or stairs are now widely used for both domestic and commercial purposes as they are light in weight and easy to carry and occupy less space as compared to traditional heavy staircases. They can also be folded and being carried away easily through narrow passages.
Over the passage of time, many new additions were made in the life of attic ladders and stairs. In old times, people used many types of attic ladders to reach far off places at their homes and workplaces such as:
- Aluminum attic ladders
- Timber folding stairs
- Roof windows
- Attic flooring
Nowadays, not only domestic users use attic ladders and stairs, but it is also used for commercial purposes such as firefighters. They also use an advanced form of attic ladders or stairs to extinguish the fire. They are also widely used by construction purposes around the globe.
There are many qualities an attic ladder or stairs must have in order to guarantee its safety and reliability. It should be able to make every trip up and down very easy, faster and fearless. Many attic ladders and stairs come with handy instructions and installation process which can easily be installed in just a few hours. But there are a few things you should keep in your mind while buying one for yourself such as:
- Location of installation
Almost all attic ladders are made to fit in existing frames of attic openings. So it is very important to find an attic ladder which fits in it. Sometimes you have to extend the existing opening to get the attic ladder fit into it. Make sure that the bottom of the attic ladder falls on the floor directly in order to avoid any unforeseen accident.
- Framing types
Attic floors and roofs are often connected with rafters and floor joists. These are the interlocking systems and should not be misplaced by installing an attic ladder. If you encounter any such issue such as you find trusses in the way of installing the attic ladder, seek a professional’s help.
- Trusses placement
Make sure you look out for all trusses and joists locations before installing the attic ladders and stairs. The gap between the framing should measure 22 ½ inches in order to install a safe ladder.
- Length and weight
Attic leaders and stairs are available in different sizes and weight. All you have to do is to find a perfect attic ladder which fits in your place. Weight capacity is usually the same as the load capacity of the attic ladder itself. Further, it also depends on your own weight. For example, if you are heavy in weight, then you should look for a ladder which has higher load capacity and vice versa.
There are many types of attic ladders with different materials and constructions such as wood, aluminum, and steel. Aluminum is considered safe and durable to use almost everywhere. However, it is affected by humidity and temperature over the years. The wooden ladder also lasts long but it is also affected by humidity and dampness over the time. Find the best option which suits your place and needs.
- Usage requirements
One of the most important features to look for while buying an attic ladder is to know which feature you need in your ladder. There are many features are available in attic ladders nowadays such as:
- Huge or small steps
- The angle of the ladder or stairs
equipment holding pockets
- Scratch resistant qualities
- Folding or telescoping
- Wheels to move
There are multiple types and brands of attic ladders are available in the market today. Here we are going to review top 10 best attic ladders and best attic stairs available on amazon.com for your reference. You will find best attic ladder reviews here.
- 1 10 Best Attic Ladders
- 2 1. Little Giant 13-Foot Velocity Multi-Use Ladder, 300-Pound Duty Rating, 15413-001
- 3 2. Select Step 5-Feet to the 8-Feet 300-Pound Duty Rating Adjustable Stepladder
- 4 3. Little Giant Ladder Systems 14010-001 13-Feet 250-Pound Duty Rating Alta-One Model 13 Ladder System
- 5 4. Folding 4-Step Safety Step Ladder - Padded Side Handrails - Attachable Tool Pouch Caddy
- 6 5. Rainbow Galaxy II Remote Controlled Scissor Style Attic Stairs 7' 6" to 10' Height Range - White (22-1/2" x 54")
- 7 6. Telesteps 1000L OSHA Compliant 7-10 ft Ceiling Heights Telescoping Attic or Loft Ladder
- 8 7. Rainbow F2260-11 - 22-1/2"L x 60"W F-Series Tall Folding Attic Ladder/Stair 10'8"H - 11'2"H - WHITE
- 9 8. Louisville Ladder 22.5-Inch by 63-Inch Aluminum Attic Ladder, Fits 10' to 12' Ceiling Height
- 10 9. Little Giant, 3 step, Aluminum, 2-1/4 Feet, 300 lb. Capacity Stepladder
- 11 10. Rainbow M2254H 22-1/2"L x 54"W Prestige Telescoping Attic Ladder / Stair: 9'10"H - 11'6"H
- 12 Conclusion:
10 Best Attic Ladders
- This attic ladder is very reliable to use as it has dual pin hinge that guarantees its stability and durability.
- Due to its wide flared legs, little giant attic ladder is very well constructed and it helps you to reach far most places without any fear of falling down.
- This ladder is available in multiple A sizes and is able to perform multiple tasks of five different natures.
- Due to its 90 degrees extensions, it best to use for any construction work as well. Little giant attic ladder is very reliable to use as it can be stretched according to your desire which further enhances its quality for safety purposes.
- This ladder is very easy to carry to multiple places due to its small but adjustable size. You can reach even the toughest places by using this ladder such as vaulted ceilings and above the staircases.
- It is made of aluminum and its rock locks make it easy to adjust according to your need.
- The acceleration is of this product is 20 percent lighter than other leading products of the same nature and it is available in 3 different models of 16, 24 and 33 which offers 3 unique configurations.
- This attic ladder is little heavier to use as compared to other similar products.
1331 customers rated little giant attic ladder as 4.6/5 and recommended this product. Lyle Barbato is a first-time buyer of this product and is very happy with the performance and durability of this attic ladder. According to him, changing light bulbs and cleaning fan blades was never that easy. Now he finds it very easy to change curtain and light bulbs. He is extremely satisfied and highly recommends this attic ladder to everyone.
B. Colonna is also very happy with the durability and quality of this ladder but he found it bit heavy to use. According to him, the actual size of this ladder is 19 feet as compared to the size mentioned on the website which is 22 feet. He also found its price a bit higher than other Werner attic ladder products of the same range. Mr. Colonna also complained about its customer services as they did not respond to him politely when he contacted them for trestle issue.
- This attic ladder is available in 8-foot stepladder, all in one. It comes with a step platform which allows you to place your feet fully on it while working. It not only stabilizes your position but it also allows you to work freely and without any fear of destabilizing. It is completely safe and secure. It relieves your feet from any type of pain and discomfort as well.
- There is yet another amazing feature of this attic ladder that it provides a handrail while you stand on it and work. It makes sure that you do not lose your balance while you work with paint brushes and tool as you have an added support where you can place all your desired items. You can work faster and without any hassle if you choose select step attic ladders.
- It also has a quick adjustment lock which allows you to adjust its height as per your requirement. Simply push the lock to release and readjust and lock again. It is super easy and quick. You can also readjust its safety step as per your need.
- It can easily be adjusted to use on the stairs or in 90 degrees position. This attic ladder allows you to use it in any position and adjustment you want to. The select step attic ladder is ideal to use in both uneven and even surfaces.
- Like many other products of the same range, select step attic ladders also come with supporting wheels. You can wheel it anywhere you want to take it without the hassle of carrying it on your own. You can easily wheel it from one place to another. Such an amazing feature, isn’t it?
- Assembling and installation of this attic ladder is bit confusing. No other disadvantage found in the construction of this ladder.
272 customers reviewed this product as 4.6/5. The user manual is also provided with the shipping product to guide its users for step by step use. Peter K says that this attic ladder is very difficult to assemble as you need a hard surface for it like concrete etc.
According to him, this attic ladder is not stable unless you put it on a flat and hard surface to work. He further complained about its weight and said that it is very heavy to use. He further added that this ladder is very heavy to carry and only reliable to use if working indoor as outdoors can pose falling threat due to unstable surfaces.
On the other hand, Lisa is very happy with this attic ladder’s performance and said that this was the best attic ladder she had ever purchased. She further added that this ladder is not very light to use but not very heavy as well. She found this ladder very helpful and highly recommends it to everyone.
- This attic ladder is very lightweight to use as compared to other similar products of 13-foot multi-use ladders in the market. This feature of this attic ladder makes it unique as well as a hot seller.
- This ladder is well known for its stability and strength. Once bought, it can stay with you as long as you wish for.
- Little giant Alta one attic ladder is ideal to use on staircases, uneven surfaces and as a trestle and plank scaffolding system.
- It is available in 16 unique configurations which allow you to use it anywhere you like.
- It has wide flared legs which are covered with rubbers to prevent any slipping and falling. This feature enhances its stability and safety.
- It offers 3 different scaffolding positions including A-frame and 90 degrees extensions. This attic ladder can perform 5 jobs at the price of one.
- It is perfect to use in many situations which arise in the day to day household It can be used to fix minor to serious problems in your homes and offices. As it is very lightweight and can be carried very easily, you will not be burdened by its weight and structure.
- If you use the right ladder for the right job, you can avoid any unforeseen situations like destabilizing, slipping and falling. Little giant Alta one attic ladder helps you to reach even the toughest locations in your homes like above the staircases, vaulted ceilings etc.
- It can be carried over any obstacle very quickly and easily.
- This attic ladder is little heavier to carry as it also does not provide supporting wheels.
848 customers reviewed this product as 4.6/5 and highly recommended this product. Derek Dwilson found this attic ladder very helpful as it enabled him to change light bulbs and other things which he was unable to do from ages. He also found this ladder very strong and durable to use.
The only thing Mr.Dwilson complained about is the weight of this product. He found it very heavy to move around. Andy M said that this attic ladder is very good to use but doesn’t give you a Werner A-frame look. But he also admitted that this ladder is very strong and stable to use.
Both sides of the ladder can also be fixed with different lengths every easily. Like Mr.Dwilson, he also complained about the weight of this product and found it extremely heavy. Overall, he is very happy with his purchase and recommends it to everyone.
- This attic ladder is specifically designed for safety and is a perfect choice in terms of durability and reliability. It is considered safer than any other attic ladders available in the market today.
- It has 4 steps to climb on and reach your target point. Its steps are larger and strong so that you can place your feet on it with full strength and without any fear of slipping. It gives heel to toe support at 10.25 inches deep which is much safer than other similar products available in the market today.
- Its stable base is 25.5 inches deep and 18 inches wide. It makes this folding four step attic ladder very safe and durable to use.
- It is made of steel which is able to hold up to 300 pounds. What else do you need to ensure its safety?
- One feature which makes folding four step attic ladder a supreme choice of its customers is, that it provides soft and handy handrails on both sides which ensures comfortable and fearless climb. Its soft and strong grips on both sides guarantee that you climb up with safety and fearlessly.
- You can easily stabilize your position while you work at the top and on the congested places. Folding four-step safety attic ladder’s dual handrails run to the top, so you can climb up and down with comfort.
- Besides climbing up to the safety, here is next super useful feature of this attic ladder, it provides pockets to place your tools in while you work. Now you don’t have to worry about holding the tools in your hands or in your pockets, as it can cause any unforeseen situation while pulling them in and out. This attic ladder provides ten different sized pockets to hold your tools like screwdrivers, nails, hammers, paint brushes, and tape measures.
- It also has a pocket to hold your 20 ounces beverage for you while you work on the top. Isn’t it amazing?
- Steps of this attic ladder are bit shorter in width as compared to other products of the similar range.
122 customers rated this attic ladder as 4.3/5. Rodney Rossmaier is very happy with his purchase of four-step attic ladder and said that the supporting handrails are very helpful and safe to climb up and down and helps you to do chores which you are unable to do otherwise.
Jan Don also satisfied with this attic ladder and said that they are great in quality and strength. He further said that that the only thing you have to keep in mind while climbing up on this ladder is that you have to be extra vigilant to place your foot on the steps as you might slip. Overall, he is satisfied with the performance of this attic ladder.
- This attic ladder is used for indoors only, especially for residential locations.
- Its total weight capacity is 350 Ibs only and is not meant to use for heavy loaded activities.
- It is mostly used to connect upper ceiling areas with your floor. It is normally used to climb up and down while holding lightweight
- It is available in white color only with durable plywood door.
- It also comes with a weather strip.
- Rainbow galaxy attic ladder is made of steel which is powder coated with built-in 1-1/4 inches steel trim. You don’t need any casing with it.
- If you are worried about the floor and want to keep it safe from any scratches and bumps, then this attic ladder ensures you won’t get any. It comes with protective floor bumpers which keeps your wooden or tiled floor safe from any kind of scratches.
- Rainbow galaxy also provides large safety handles at the top to keep you safe once you are at the top and perform any task.
- No such disadvantage has been seen in this product so far.
Currently, this product has no customer reviews so the quality and durability cannot be guaranteed at the moment.
- This attic ladder is sold with a separate attic door. It is available if you need to buy one separately according to your need and requirement.
- Net weight of this product is 23 Ibs.
- This attic ladder is adjustable according to your requirement as it is spring loaded and can be extended whenever needed. Extend it according to your desire and withdraw and fix.
- Telesteps 1000L attic ladder is fully automatic and is able to perform operations with just one push. It works with one touch mechanism, pushes and releases it. This feature of this product makes it super easy and friendly to use.
- This attic ladder is an idea to use for heights of 7 to 10 feet. Mostly it is used to reach high ceilings and roofs. So if you are looking for an attic ladder to use indoors like in your homes or small business, this product is perfect to use in such locations.
- Telesteps 1000L attic ladder is also certified by OSHA (occupational safety and health administration) and ANSI (American national standards institute). So the safety and durability of this attic ladder are 100 percent guaranteed.
- Product dimensions are 37 x 22 x 8 inches and it comes with one-year parts and labor guarantee. Shipping weight of this attic ladder is 33.6 pounds.
- Plastic used in the making of this attic ladder lacks quality. Other than this, no such disadvantage found in the construction of this ladder.
16 customers rated this attic ladder as 2.6/5. Lucky luke is very annoyed with the purchase of this attic ladder and reported a serious accident he had while using this. He reported that the plastic hinges suddenly broke and the attic ladder fell on the ground, hitting the walls and the ceiling of his room. He complained that the metal bars holding powerful springs were made of poor quality plastic that’s why they broke all of a sudden. He found this attic ladder of very cheap quality and asked other buyers to look for other similar items.
On the other hand, Rosaliene Bacchus is happy with her purchase and found this attic ladder very easy to install. She found it extremely stable and compact. However, she complained about the useless manual that comes with this ladder as it lacked proper instructions on how to assemble this ladder.
- This attic ladder provides large safety handles at the top to ensure safety while you are on the top.
- It also provides 4 separate handrails, 2 on each side from bottom to top which helps you climb up with confidence and safety.
- Its tread width is 10 inches and it’s coated to prevent slipping or skipping.
- It also keeps your wooden or tiled floor from scratching and bumping. This attic ladder is made in Italy and comes with protective floor bumpers to keep your floor safe from any scratches and to prevent slipping and slipping
- Rainbow F2260 attic ladder is highly reliable and safe to use, especially indoors.
- It is available in white color only and is made of steel which is powder coated.
- Side rail’s dimensions are 1-1/4" X 3". This is the best pull down attic stairs available in the market today.
- Like other similar products of the same range, Rainbow F2260 attic ladder is also adjustable. You can easily re-adjust and relock it as per your need. The springs help in adjusting its length very easily. You can push it, readjust and relock it with one super easy method. It can also be relocked between sections to match your requirements.
- No such product faults have been seen so far in the construction of this attic ladder.
No customers rated Rainbow F2260 attic ladder so far. So quality and durability cannot be guaranteed. Shipping weight of this product is 131 pounds.
- This attic ladder has a rough opening of 22.5/63 inches of dimension. It is ideal to use for domestic household activities as it can reach up to 10 to 12 feet of height.
- It can be used to reach tough areas in your home such as ceilings and roofs. Louisville attic ladder is considered very safe and reliable to use due to its heavy duty strong hinges and adjustable feet.
- It can hold up to 350 pounds of weight. It is built using strong hinges which makes this attic ladder very durable and reliable.
- Its feet can also be adjusted to prevent any falling and slipping.
- Louisville attic ladder comes with a handy user manual which helps its users to go through an easy process of installation. Any layman can assemble this attic ladder with confidence.
- The installation kit contains an easy hang strap system, plywood shims, and 8-7/8 inches roofing nails, aluminum feet and door along with a quick and user-friendly manual to install all the things.
- This attic ladder is certified by ANSI, American National Standards Institute and OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration. So there are no doubts about its safety, product quality, and reliability. Product weight is 63.8 pounds.
- User manual lacks proper instructions to install this product. No such disadvantages found in the making of this product.
65 customers reviewed this product as 3.6/5. Jim K is very disappointed with his purchase and said that the wooden frame quality is very poor and the plywood cover wasn’t square. He faced many issues while installing this ladder such as the insufficient nails and insufficient information on the user manual. His final words about this product were, that buy this product only if you are willing to work with your own modifications. Otherwise, it is very difficult to install.
On the other hand, LabHnadyman is very happy with this product and said that it has exactly the same features as shown in the description. He found the directions very clear and installed it without any issue. He also found the quality and construction of this product very stable and solid. Overall, he is very happy with his purchase and recommends others to buy it as well.
- This attic ladder contains only 3 steps and is ideal to use for small household activities.
- Its construction is nice and smart.
- Steps of this ladder are wide and gripping. They have a rugged surface which prevents falling and slipping.
- The material used in its construction is aircraft aluminum which is well known for durability and reliability.
- One of the best features of this attic ladder is that it can easily be folded and placed at small places very conveniently.
- Being small in size, it only occupies 5.5 inches of space when folded. You can easily place at the back of your car seats if you want to carry it somewhere else.
- It’s small and lightweight and serves better. What else do you need?
- It is able to hold up to 300 Ibs of weight.
- Shipping weight of this product is 23.7 pounds and item weight is 23.2 pounds.
- No such disadvantages found in the making of this product
453 customers have rated this attic adder 4.7/5. Tikvah is extremely jubilant after purchasing this product and said that you feel very safe while standing on its steps as they feel like you are standing on the real stairs. They are compact and solid in construction and you can stand on them for hours without getting fatigued. He highly recommends this ladder to everyone as he found it extremely safe and secure to use.
Rab also found this ladder very helpful and said that this ladder is very portable and handy. He further added that this ladder is very safe to use with its huge steps. He recommends other buyers to buy this attic ladder without any hesitation.
- This attic ladder comes with built inside handrails which makes it very easy to climb up and down without any fear.
- One of the best features of this attic ladder is that its handles are built from bottom to all the way to the top. If you are afraid of climbing up without holding anything, then this rainbow attic ladder is definitely your choice.
- These contracting handrails are made of steel with melamine finish and are very strong in construction. Overall steel used in its construction is powder coated.
- This attic ladder also has protective floor bumpers to prevent scratching and falling. So by all means, this attic ladder is very safe to use.
- Door provided with this attic ladder is shielded with 2 inches Styrofoam core-R-15 for energy maintenance.
- Its steel frame is available with 2 inches finishing projection and double weather stripping to prevent it from rusting and deterioration.
- It also helps in reducing drafts and air leakages from attics.
- Like many other similar products of the same range, this rainbow attic ladder is also adjustable according to your requirement.
- It can easily be adjusted manually. Adjust it every time you use it.
- It can hold up to 350 Ibs of weight.
- No such product faults found in the making of this ladder so far.
It is available in orange color only and product weight is 165 pounds. So far this attic ladder has only one review from a customer who rated this product as 5.0/5.
Buy good stuff is very happy with this product and said that it is very easy and quick to install as it comes with a helpful instruction manual. He further added that the quality of this product is also very compact and solid.
There is no shortage of advanced attic ladders and stairs in the market today. All we wanted to do was to help you find one which serves you better according to your need and requirements. We hope the above-mentioned product reviews will help you find the best option for your homes and working places.